Our goal is to protect our environment and customers from any toxic chemicals or pollutants. We hand-make our vegan candles in small batches from 100% soy wax with high quality fragrance blends right here in Chattanooga, TN. We strive to create, sell, and promote goods made in the USA with a focus on local makers and products.
How are Almanac Supply Co. candles different?
Do you have safety tips for burning your candles?
We’re glad that you asked. Here are 6 helpful tips to ensure the safe use of our candle products.
- Once the candle is lit the container can become quite warm so please don’t touch or move the candle while burning. Please wait until the wax has hardened.
- Always keep an eye on your candle while burning. Even though our candles can burn for a long period, it is a good idea to only burn your candle 3-4 hours at a time to ensure its not forgotten throughout the day or night.
- Never extinguish a flame with water. The water can cause the hot wax to splatter and also may cause the container to break. Not to mention ruining your lovely candle.
- Keep your candle clean. Trim your wick ¼ inch before every burn. Remove any used matches or wick trimmings from candle. This will allow for a cleaner and more even burn.
- Avoid burning candles in drafts.
- Make sure to always keep your candle out of reach from small children, animals and pyromaniacs.
To learn more about the best candle burning practices, check out our journal article about how to properly burn a candle.
I live in Chattanooga. Is there somewhere local I can purchase your products?
I'd love to purchase your candles in bulk. Can I?
How can I recover my account password?
What forms of payment do you accept?
We accept the credit cards listed below, Shop Pay, Apple Pay, Facebook Pay, and Paypal.
What are your customer service hours?
Our hours are Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm, excluding holidays. We answer all customer service emails within 2-3 business days.
I'm shipping to an address outside of the US. Are there any additional shipping costs or fees?
We make every effort to cover the cost of international shipping in our initial invoice, but occasionally additional fees arise. In the event that your package incurs additional customs duties or other international fees, you are responsible for those fees. In the event that these fees are incurred, you will be prompted to pay them when your package is delivered, and must be payed before your package is released to you.
What is your return policy?
Here at Almanac we want you to be happy with your purchase. If there are any issues with your purchase please let us know by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional information please visit our Returns and Exchanges page.
I put the wrong shipping address on my order. What do I do?
Email us at email@example.com ASAP. If your order has not shipped, we are happy to update your shipping address. If your order has shipped, we are unable to make any changes to your order. Please contact the carrier for assistance – they may be able to reroute your package.
If your order is returned to our Maker Studio due to an incorrect address, we are happy to re-ship your order to an updated address. Customers are responsible for the cost of shipping even if the order qualified for free shipping originally. If you prefer a refund for your returned order, a refund will be issued for the total purchase price minus the original cost of shipping.
My order is late or missing. What do I do now?
Once your package has shipped, the order tracking and final delivery is unfortunately out of our control. Due to COVID 19, we cannot guarantee delivery dates at this time. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if your order has not arrived within 15 days of the estimated delivery date.
How do I manage my subscription(s)?